JOIN THE DRAFT TEAM
SERVER · BARTENDER · DRINK/FOOD RUNNER · BARBACK
This position will be a bit different than you’ve had before. We are a brewery that gives a damn about hospitality and the team we build will share the same affinity for and understanding of what it means to be hospitable.
As an integral part of that team, staff members will regularly provide guests with the first glimpses of the Kinship experience, therefore it is imperative that they are approachable and knowledgeable. You are not only representing our brand, but our entire family. Your tenacity for providing above-and-beyond service will be a hallmark of our brewery experience. The Kinship family is dedicated to providing the highest level of service and will live by this mantra: Educated Hospitality You Deserve.
As a facilitator of our guest’s enjoyment, you will be expected to perform a variety of customer service duties including, but not limited to: greeting and serving guests, providing education about our products, serving drinks/food, and maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of all Kinship property. We will also expect full-time service staff to cross-train behind the bar in order to strengthen our cocktail program.
Performing the duties described above are requisite, however, being a great teammate is paramount to the position. At Kinship Brewing Company, each team member is important to the overall success of the brewery. We are looking for prospects that are willing to resign the narrow focus of a server position and “go wide” to become part of a growing family that prides itself on a job beyond well done.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service to compliment our high quality product
- Maintain a safe, healthy and sustainable tap room environment for team members and guests
- Engage in the creative process of implementing events, ideas or concepts that will enhance the taproom experience
- Able to work independently to ensure all delegated tasks are completed
- Acquire TIPS certification/Cicerone Certified Beer Server certification
- Identify gaps in personal knowledge of beer and cocktails and work to fill those gaps by asking questions and taking advantage of educational offerings afforded to all team members
- Process orders and payments on our Point of Sale system and generate reports
- Understand and follow proper channels of communication between team and leadership
- Participate in required team meeting/trainings/retreats/excursions
Disclaimer: The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Skill and Knowledge
- Basic interest in and a passion for craft beer, the brewing industry and the guest experience
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Basic problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Basic math skills and ability to use a Point of Sale system
- Believe in the friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests
- Multi-task and manage stressful circumstances associated with a fast-paced work environment
- Communicate effectively and professionally with guests, leadership and team members
- Maintain and grow relationships with outside groups and vendors
Hours, Travel and Physical Requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include days, nights, holidays and/or weekends
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required (Except food/drink runners and barback)
- At least two years of food service and/or bar experience (Except food/drink runners and barback)
- One year of experience in the beer, spirits, or beverage industry preferred (Except food/drink runners and barback)
- Prior customer service or sales experience preferred
What Kinship family members can expect from leadership
- Fair and competitive compensation based on responsibilities and position
- Involvement in the evolution and growth of the company
- Relevant information about company decisions and performance as well as your own performance (via performance reviews)
- Empowerment to make decisions that are in line with overall company goals
- Trust to execute your duties responsibly and to be an ambassador of the brand
- Continuous challenges with increased levels of responsibility commensurate with outstanding performance
- Value and appreciations for your contributions
- Promotion/Rewards for your efforts
- Mentorship and learning opportunities related to craft beer and the hospitality industry
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Kinship Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.